Geisha Doll

bburton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
brucemburton.blogspot.com
Illuminated by flashlight. :)

7206-Geisha2.jpg

If this was taken with a Digi cam isn't there a way to white balance that pic?

Love the shot, just wondering if digi cams, more specifically the Rebel, can take away that yellow light look.

I'm getting a Rebel in two days.

bace said:
If this was taken with a Digi cam isn't there a way to white balance that pic? Love the shot, just wondering if digi cams, more specifically the Rebel, can take away that yellow light look. I'm getting a Rebel in two days.
Thanks for the feedback. I purposely did not correct the white balance in this particular photo above in order to maintain the warmer appearance. However, with the DigiReb, one has, IMO, excellent control over WB in the camera. The picture below shows the truer colors of the doll which show up when using the camera's flash from across the room and an "auto WB" setting. :)

7206-Geisha4.jpg

JonK said:
i like the warm colour tone and the vignette feel to the lighting...was that PS'd?
nice shot. :)
Thanks for the compliment. This is the shot as taken from the camera with only USM applied in post processing; no crop. Using the flashlight's beam creates a soft spotlight with vignetting effect because the camera was probably 6' away from the doll and the lens was zoomed to 275mm.

Most reactions

Back