Aussie band I saw this week..

george2.jpg

george6.JPG

george1.JPG

george4.JPG

george9.JPG

i wish this one wasnt so dark...

george10.JPG

Wow, I can almost taste the wine thats being poured in the first shot! Just make sure that your foot doesn't kick over the glass! I dig the colours on the first three shots, especially #2. You are tpf's official live concert photographer! ;)

Oh yes, No.1 is special. Very crisp. Wonderful atmosphere.
But I personally like the third one best. The blue appeals to me, and although it is a little blurred, the muscles on his arm are nicely to be seen (oh, erm, am I revealing a personal preference beyond photography here now????)...

hehe
they are my favourites too
thanks guys
i wish i could become anyone's official rock photographer. I'd be billy nobody and the nobodies off. photograher if they asked me!

i need to learn far more about lighting first though :?

Oh I love george. They rock... Unfortunately I am under18 and can't attend their gigs...

Poo-Bum!

When will someone bring out cheap highquality pen cameras? So that i can sneak it into the concerts with me...

fadingaway1986 said:
Oh I love george. They rock... Unfortunately I am under18 and can't attend their gigs...

Poo-Bum!

When will someone bring out cheap highquality pen cameras? So that i can sneak it into the concerts with me...

Hey fading...
Firstly, that WAS an all ages gig. the under 18s had to sit upstairs and we actually sat up there with them for a while. it was a great view. so id check into that one , next time.

Secondly, gigs like that, you can take cameras to. I was leaning on the stage for some of those. Nobody cared I had a camera. However, even gigs where you arent allowed a camera, ive smuggled one in many times. You just gotta know how to hide them.
I have a friend who sticks them down her bra. :shock:

I'm not in sydney, I checked out the brissie ones - only overage gigs...

I have taken cameras in a few times - and I have attended my fair share of camera-friendly concerts... (I have taken my camera into ones that have banned cameras, as I have also been into overage gigs - but we had good defence)...

Actually - I like bands - I like following them... They get you to great places, like the pub. lol...

I tried to take my camera to train & live - but they had metal detectors... so i chickened out...

The big problem a lot of bands have with cameras is the flash. Having the stage lights in your eyes is bad enough without getting it from the audience.

I like #1 and #3 also. #3 is an example where having the subject centered works. I would like to see more of the guitar, though. There's empty space above his head, so the camera could have been tilted down to do that. Even so, the pic rawks!

I really like your first shot manda! It really has inspired me to go get a drink myself...uh I mean take pictures of wine. :wink: Your 5th picture is nice too. I like the composition and the motion blur. Good work!

awright!! first- thanks for sharing these...

first shot is well composed, love the color and tone. tripod?
i really like the way you wove the wine thread into the series. i am going to be shooting a local band sometime this spring, so i'm looking for creative inspiration like this. was there some special significance to the wine, or do they just do that every gig?

you captured the atmosphere of the live band club scene very well, mostly the color tone you used but also the colors themselves. any photoshopping? looks like not. i also like the slower shutter speeds you used; you were probably forced to to keep the colors intact, no?

what kind of music? one of lead singers pregnant?
cool shots, girl! thank you! :D

To add to the comments already said about the first picture...

I love this one... I like the motion of the bottle and pouring water. I also like the placement of the subjects. Very nice!

Dynamite images, Manda; I missed these before. mmmm, wine....looks like a shiraz label. :wink:

Club are quite often a little dark, but oftentimes that's part of the of their charm. And I would agree with the prior statement about avoiding flashes: my buddies hate that, but have to keep smilin' through while being blinded. Not only that, the flash washes out colors and makes it look less like a cozy club atmosphere and more like someone's basement practice space. Not what you want!

Meanwhile, cheers. <clink> I'm a total red wine slut. :D

The wine was just there, something I found quirky about them that night, so I decided to shoot them from that angle.
The first shot, I had no tripod for but I actually had the camera sitting on the stage. :D
The only photoshopping done was to try and lighten the contrast of the 4th and last as they were pretty dark. The colours are all from the stage lighting.
I got lucky with the guitarist in the 3rd shot.
I never use a flash at gigs, you don't really need to anyway as you end up lighting up the backs of people's heads and not the performers.

oh and no, she wasn't pregnant :shock:

I recommend George...they are an awesome Aussie band. Try download tracks like Release, Faling Inside, One, Fortunate SMile, Spawn.
Awesome band! The male lead singer sounds a lot like Jeff Buckley.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back