What's new

German Tallship - Dublin, Ireland

Renair

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 13, 2006
Messages
1,200
Reaction score
0
Location
Dublin, Ireland
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
5562.jpg


Taken 7.15am
Nikon D300
Processed in Adobe Lightroom 2.0
 
Whoa, very impressive shot of the ship at dusk! I really like this one
 
Nicely done and much enjoyed....I would think the full sized image would be stunning.

Cheers
 
Thanks guys, its pretty impressive alright, sending off this weekend for a poster, I guess it proves my point about always carry your camera, sometimes you just get lucky!
 
nice shot and yes - always carry your camera! :D
 
Nice. That looks like the Gorch Fock II, a three masted barque built as a training ship in 1958. I've been on the 1933 Gorch Fock when it was the Tovarisch (now re-renamed as the Gorch Fock I), but not the Gorch Fock II.

Best,
Helen

Edit: The US Coast Guard's Eagle is a sister ship to the Gorch Fock series, originally called the Horst Wessel (a few vessels were built to the original GF design).
 
Last edited:
Helen, it is the Gorch Fock II, well spotted.
 
Focking Cool

I love the sky its like dark, but not really dark yet
 
Stands in amazement at Helen B. :cyclops:

Great image Renair
 
Actually, I have friends, who have friends, whose family members, and freinds were on that ship, and died. But, I am not sure if we're talking about the same thing. Which one are you talking about. I am talking about the Titanic. That is the world's largest ship to be built. NO other ship, will beat that!
 
I am getting the dreded red "X"... I also checked the "properties" and the image it references is 28X30 pixels, which is more than likely the red "X" itself... Sure would like to see this one!
 
Hey Mark, thanks for checking out the shot but unfortunately it was posted over 2 months ago and the original has been moved. Sorry.
 
nice capture love it
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom