What's new

Getting a new monitor for my Macbook Pro

Reece Man

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 14, 2009
Messages
136
Reaction score
0
Location
Kalispell, MT
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For the last year and a half I've web editing on my 15" Macbook which was fine for a while. Now I'm getting more and more professional work and the small screen is turning into a headache. I've been looking at this HP and was hoping to pick it up today. Any insight on this model?

HP 2711x 27" LED Monitor | HP® Official Store
 
It is probably going to look like crap compared to the macbook display. That monitor uses a TN panel. That's why its a 27" monitor for under $400. If you just want it for a bigger display and don't really care about the quality, then I'm sure it'll be just fine. Since you are doing photo editing and need accurate display, you might be disappointed in those aspects.
 
It is probably going to look like crap compared to the macbook display. That monitor uses a TN panel. That's why its a 27" monitor for under $400. If you just want it for a bigger display and don't really care about the quality, then I'm sure it'll be just fine. Since you are doing photo editing and need accurate display, you might be disappointed in those aspects.

What would you recommend? What manufacturers? It seems to get pretty good reviews, I just don't know anything about monitors.
 
I got my bonus today which I forgot about so I am going to get the Mac display.

Its a pretty sweet display. Great color and contrast and a very attractive body. They *only* thing you should keep in mind before your purchase is that it has a high gloss display similar to the new macbooks. If the gloss is going to bother you with the reflections, you might also consider EIZO. They use the matte screens are excellent displays.
 
Last edited:
The gloss doesn't bother me, I love this thing.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom