Getting Eyes in Focus

crystalclear

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I cannot seem to perfect this task. I seem some pictures of children and their eyes are in perfect focus and it's the first thing your attention is drawn to. I don't understand how to get this perfect. When I take a picture it just seems to focus on the whole face and not just the eyes. I was wondering if you have any tips or tricks for getting that perfect shot of children with their eyes shining

Thank you.

Lightroom has a brush called "enhance iris." In Elements you can use a magic wand to select the eyes, then raise the contrast, saturation, and sharpness.

Also, when you set up the shot try to get an angle such that light reflects off the eyes.

I cannot seem to perfect this task. I seem some pictures of children and their eyes are in perfect focus and it's the first thing your attention is drawn to. I don't understand how to get this perfect. When I take a picture it just seems to focus on the whole face and not just the eyes. I was wondering if you have any tips or tricks for getting that perfect shot of children with their eyes shining

Thank you.

Well it takes time to perfect one's skills.

Thank you everyone for the great advice. I am about to go buy Photoshop. I have just been using Paint.net right now so I am ready to get photoshop and play around with it!!!

Thank you.

Benadryl? Seriously though, children are actually one of the toughest subjects to photograph. They want to move, they don't understand why the photographer wants them to hold their head in a weird, uncomfortable way, etc. If you're doing a portrait type shoot, I would recommend going with the smallest aperture you can manage, first of all. If all of your focus points are turned on, I would turn all off, except the middle one. Use that point to focus on the eye (actually, I usually try to focus on the inner corner of an eye), then recompose and shoot. It will take practice, but you'll get it eventually.

Thank you everyone for the great advice. I am about to go buy Photoshop. I have just been using Paint.net right now so I am ready to get photoshop and play around with it!!!

Not so fast. It won't put eyes in focus if they're not.

0606736-R1-062-29A2.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back