Getting photos on TPF

jophassa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello. I noticed that it is the done thing to blog your photos in threads etc. But what I don't understand is how you get them on to the site.

I know about the whole putting them on imageshack and then paste the direct link into the 'Insert Image' bar etc.

BUT!

All the sites like Imageshack only allow a 1024kb limit. How many photos are taken with a 1024 limit these days?

Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks

your photos should be reduced in editing software...... i cant remember the max limit for this forum.... you will find all the details in FAQS at the top of the site.... but thay shouldn't be bigger than 240k..... editing software will allow you to reduce your images to around 600x400 pixels, which will do the trick. ;)

OK, looks like I am going to have to get some software. Unless my expired sample of JASCPhoto shop will do the trick? We'll have to see.

Maybe GIMP will work?

Thanks

HI!! the way i do it is in Photobucket.com. (its free!) Click on how many images you want, browse for your chosen pics- highlight pic, R. click, open, image>resize. resize so that the longest side of pic is 700pixels max. save as copy( i put them straight into my "photobucket folder....very easy) then add to my photobucket album. i dont know how many it holds but i have probably 16 there at the moment & you can delete at any time. hope this helps... feel free to ask for more detail if you need it xx looking forward to checking out your 1st posts xx

Ah, that does help. I will make a project out of it tonight. Thanks

jemmy said:
HI!! the way i do it is in Photobucket.com. (its free!) Click on how many images you want, browse for your chosen pics- highlight pic, R. click, open, image>resize. resize so that the longest side of pic is 700pixels max. save as copy( i put them straight into my "photobucket folder....very easy) then add to my photobucket album. i dont know how many it holds but i have probably 16 there at the moment & you can delete at any time. hope this helps... feel free to ask for more detail if you need it xx looking forward to checking out your 1st posts xx

I have the paid photobucket, and I have around 540 pictures in mine! Not sure anymore what the limit is for un paid though.

You can also subscribe to ThePhotoForum, and get gallery space that way, too. :mrgreen:

Ah, I may just do that. Can you tell me what the size limit is for TPF's gallery is? Thanks

PS. I started to use photobucket and it automatically downsizes anything above 1mb. HOW GREAT IS THAT!!!!

crop it to about 500 or 600 pixels wide or deep, whichever is the largest, and then upload it to photobucket, it will be fine then

Most reactions

Back