Getting prints to sell

Melissa Royal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,
For the past month or so I've been trying to figure out how to sell some of my photographs. I'm sure there is a lot more to it than I am aware of right now. The reason I want to sell prints is because a lot of people have enjoyed my work and suggested that I sell it.

Anyway, the first step would be figuring out where to get prints from (I want to sell locally for now). I'm looking for a way to get prints that are cheap, but of good quality. Also, I don't want the logo of the business to be printed on the back.

I heard MeridianPro.com | Home mentioned. Their prices are good. I'm wondering how the print quality is and also if they will print "meridianpro" (or anything at all) on the back of the prints or not.

Thank you,
Melissa Royal

Ya i have to agree with Mike. I use either Bay Photo or Mpix. Both are excellent and Mpix is cheaper prices and great quality. GL
TJ

If you have a Costco membership, 4x6s are .15 and an 8x12 is $1.39. You can download the printer profile for their machine and check the print in Photoshop before sending your work off. A 24x30 poster is $20. These prices may be cheaper in the US... we are in Canada.

Most pro labs will send you sample prints when you sign up with them. This gives you a chance to check their quality, but it also gives you a chance to test your calibration scheme. You need to have your monitor calibrated, and that hopefully matches the lab's calibration, so that your prints come back looking how you expect them to.

Hello,
For the past month or so I've been trying to figure out how to sell some of my photographs. I'm sure there is a lot more to it than I am aware of right now. The reason I want to sell prints is because a lot of people have enjoyed my work and suggested that I sell it.

Anyway, the first step would be figuring out where to get prints from (I want to sell locally for now). I'm looking for a way to get prints that are cheap, but of good quality. Also, I don't want the logo of the business to be printed on the back.

I heard MeridianPro.com | Home mentioned. Their prices are good. I'm wondering how the print quality is and also if they will print "meridianpro" (or anything at all) on the back of the prints or not.

Thank you,
Melissa Royal
Mpix, Bay Photo, WHCC, Adoramam Pix, are all online places you can get quality prints made. They don't print their name on the back and some offer back printing so you can have them print YOUR name on the back. Some of them do ship in branded packaging.

Mpix.com - Help

Mpix offers a drop shipping option that is not branded at all.

Since you are going to sell locally, how are you planning on displaying the prints you have for sale?

Are you planning to sell them loose? matted and bagged? framed?

Definitely go with one of the pro labs mentioned above. Don't use Costco, Walmart, etc. They use a cheaper grade of photo paper that doesn't look as nice. Pro labs use pro-grade paper which looks great when used in a calibrated workflow. Kodak and Fuji both make pro and consumer grade papers and there is a big difference in print quality.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back