Getting Started Again--LOMO/DYI Processing

Ayres

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've had some past experience with photography--a couple classes in high school, etc., but I've never had a camera of my own. I've finally got enough money to buy my own set of equipment, and I'm really excited about doing it.

I've read all there is to read about the whole Lomo philosophy and technique and it seems to be right up my alley. What I'm really interested in is cross-processing, particularly slide film in C-41. The problem with film, naturally, is that it's not as cost-effective as digital--but I really prefer it. So I was interested in DIY color developing. I've read about it, and it seems like something that's feasible, especially according to this article. I've processed my own B&W film before in a lab, and feel like I could do it at home as long as I got all the equipment. What I want to know is, is this checklist reasonable?

1-Buy a Lomo LC-A+ and some cheap expired slide film
2-Take some photos
3-Buy a generic C-41 press kit and make my own negatives
4-Scan the negatives myself, print the ones I like

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

C-41 process is a little difficult for a beginner. I suggest learning with some B+W film (as it's cheaper) to get familiarized with the film processing and printing processes.

I've done BW processing many times in the past, actually--those high school classes taught me all I need to know. I've also got experience making BW prints, but I don't want to deal with that for color. I just want to be able to make negatives for scanning.

I think that with a will and practice you could get, I would give it a shot. If I want to get film x-pro (slide in C-41) I send it to dwayne's photo but develop my own b&W.

I am also thinking about getting an LC-A and shooting both b&W and color and developing my own B&W and sending away for x-pro/color

Most reactions

Back