Getting the spark back

Sherm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Trying to re ignite my interest and get the camera back in my hands more while balancing life. Created a profile on Instagram and began following a bunch of photographers/photography but most of it seems to be so over the top. Hard to find “real” pictures out there.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Dont measure on others. Measure on yourself.

Start with what you like to photograph. For me it's wildlife / birding. Others love landscapes or beauty shots or macro photography... Pick one that kindles that spark and go for it. There are so many free tutorials on what you like to shoot online, so it's easy to get ideas to try.

Trying to re ignite my interest and get the camera back in my hands more while balancing life. Created a profile on Instagram and began following a bunch of photographers/photography but most of it seems to be so over the top. Hard to find “real” pictures out there.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

I find Flickr much more inspiring and "real" than Instagram. Maybe participating in our monthly TPF photo contests and/or weekly challenges will get you motivated or at least provide some inspiration:

The Photo Challenge

Weekly Challenge!

Yep, I agree with everyone else. Instagram is great for looking at highly stylized and processed images. You can definitely follow a few others, though. One person that I follow (and who posted a little bit on here) is m.w.friedman.

Also, I find that many of them need to keep posting in order to stay in my feed, so I’ll often see them repost images a lot. In addition, they’ll promote their posts, so you’ll see the images over and over for a while.

I take the photos,j I like, share them with others and never criticise what others enjoy.

There are far to many artistic view points to worry about trying to understand the how and why of the thinking of fellow photographers.

I find photography a fun hobby, so I usually pursue the type of photos I enjoy.

Most reactions

Back