Giant Anteater (Myrmecophaga tridactyla)

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Aye Mates,

During a recent "behind the scenes" visit to the Beardsley Zoo in Bridgeport, CT, my wife Lisa got to hand feed a giant Anteater an avocado. Such a unique experience, we both thoroughly loved our time spent with our friend Don Goff, Deputy Director of the Beardsley Zoo.

DSC00699_Fotor.jpg

~ Giant Anteater (Myrmecophaga tridactyla) ~ Lisa and her new friend sharing and avocado.

DSC00697_Fotor.jpg

~ A Gentle Giant ~

DSC00702_Fotor.jpg

~ Up Close And Personal ~ Lisa
marveled at how the anteater was able to articulate the avocado with its long claws and use its lips to eat the avocado, small pieces slurped up by its sticky and very long tongue.

The anteaters were very interesting and enjoyable mammals to interact with.

Cheers,
Mike ☘️

Awe, looks so tender.

Anteaters are edentate (toothless) and have a sticky tongue that aids them in eating up to 35 thousand ants and termites every day.

Mike ☘️

Thats awesome! I live about half hour from Beardsley zoo myself but haven't been yet. Southwick zoo in MA is a great one to visit as well.

Very nice!

Awe, looks so tender.

Anteaters are edentate (toothless) and have a sticky tongue that aids them in eating up to 35 thousand ants and termites every day.

Mike ☘️

Unlike my wife who has a long, wagging tongue that spews about 35 thousand words a minute.:D

Now if we could only combine that with the seemingly unlimited jaw-motions of my fiance' (just add alcohol) and harness it, we could solve the world's energy problems...

Most reactions

Back