Giant in the Doll House

nycphotography

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So my gf and I renovate houses for rent. It's what we do on our vacations and weekends. A hobby I guess, and why I haven't done much photography lately.

Anyhow, I was taking some "after" pictures for our latest project using the 7-14 panny lens. Not so much lighting and posing, just documenting the finished product, and this is what I got. I love the perspective distortion from the 7mm (14m equiv) lens.

Not much PP, just a one click topaz filter (the new auto levels lol). Maybe I'll pull it into PS and crop and straighten things a bit.

giant-in-the-room--1000-P1000859.jpg

In case you're interested, this is the "before" kitchen.

sm-p1070603.jpg

And if you're really interested, there's an album of the entire project. Started late April, took a month off in June to move, did mostly 2 day weekends, with a 2 week vacation in July and 2 3 day weekends in August. Shew. She's ready to start another one, but I'm exhausted.

The West 5th Project

Very neat photo, and a beautiful home!

Holy cow,it doesn't even look close to the same place.Nice renovation.

That is beautiful. Good job.

Very neat photo, and a beautiful home!

Thank you. The new tenants are thrilled. It rented on the first day we showed it... and the tenants who ultimately rented it responded to the ad with "I must see this ASAP."

My GF and I both have our own visions for the colors and designs... it can get rather, interesting. To say the least.

Like on this one... we buy unfinished contractor cabinets, and she finishes them in the shop. Then we add the cabinet pulls. I wanted to put the drawer pulls 2" from the top of each drawer. She wanted them centered vertically. I thought tops looked better... plus only one template to make for drilling them. Guess who won? lol

ok so I tried a quick pass in CS3, straighten, crop and lighten. I like how it pulled her out of the shadows, but don't like the kitchen so bright.

I wanted to do some different layers and seelctively brighten just her, but ACR seems to be broken. ugh.

Guess I'll have some computer fixing to do before I can do any better.

giant-in-the-room-P1000859-post-1000.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back