Gift ideas for the Photographer in your family?

Quikshiver

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all, yes, I just joined and this is my first post. I did search and found another gift thread, but it did not seem necessarily photography related.

My Mom is a very good amateur photographer and I'm not that knowledgeable. I'm looking for gift ideas for camera/photography accessories under $100. You could help make a fellow photographer very happy! I'd love to hear your suggestions!

Thank you!

Photography gear is a very personal choice. A gift certificate from her local camera shop, B&H Photo, Adorama or other reliable sources would be my suggestion. Without a knowledge of gear for yourself, this way you don't burn money and you are supporting her passion. Good son!

Photography gear is a very personal choice. A gift certificate from her local camera shop, B&H Photo, Adorama or other reliable sources would be my suggestion. Without a knowledge of gear for yourself, this way you don't burn money and you are supporting her passion. Good son!

Come on kundalini, you know that you would rather have that black rapid strap or THIS as opposed to a gift card to B&H or Adorama.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Your mom might be an exception, but one thing *I* want is time. What can you do to give mom time to take pictures?

Come on kundalini, you know that you would rather have that black rapid strap or THIS as opposed to a gift card to B&H or Adorama.
I've been sporting a Black Rapids for about 5 years now and I also have the far superior Nikon 24-70mm mug. :biggrin:

I still think a gift card is better, but following along amolitor's comment, something in that arena may be more personal and appreciated. Is she a reader? Do a search on the forum for recommended books. There are loads to choose from.

Oh I am so ordering one of those.. rotfl

GREAT suggestion on the Black Rapid strap! I love that mug too! I may have to get her both.

Thanks for all of the comments so far, I'd love to hear more!

Oh, and Mom's camera is a Cannon D7.

What software is she using? I have seen some great Lightroom 5 offers lately, you can buy it for under $100.
Check her computer. If she is not using Photoshop or Lightroom, it is a great gift.

PS Forget Black Rapid strap, it is just a men's toy. And a $5 cup is .. how do put it mildly... a bit underwhelming for a birthday present.

Lots of nude male models. Always a crowd pleaser.

Lots of nude male models. Always a crowd pleaser.

My wife: "Now we're talking."

In all reality, I don't really want 14 naked dudes in my living room when I'm home, so I'm getting her an LED ring light. She can find the 14 naked dudes on her own.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back