GIMP Training

puyjapin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ok, ive been using picasa, which is now becoming a bit limited so I decided to download GIMP. From what I can gather it is quite advanced in terms of manipulation. However it seems if I find a tutorial that if I want to try an effect the tutorial assumes you know other commands and tools in GIMP already. Does anyone know if there is actually a manual for GIMP in paper format or a proper manual that can be downloaded?
thanks

I use GIMP and love it. However learning it is a lot of trial and error as I have yet to find a decent users manual. There is a lot of user info on the web, but no one nice and concise document. At least I have yet to find it.
There are some good youtube videos though.

recently i saw an ad on amazon for a book about it's use.
you might check it out.

ok, ive been using picasa, which is now becoming a bit limited so I decided to download GIMP. From what I can gather it is quite advanced in terms of manipulation. However it seems if I find a tutorial that if I want to try an effect the tutorial assumes you know other commands and tools in GIMP already. Does anyone know if there is actually a manual for GIMP in paper format or a proper manual that can be downloaded?
thanks

LOL Finally someone who understands my pain....:mrgreen: I have the same problem...I can't figure GIMP out. Although I have used the website Samanax has posted I still can't figure everything out. Just takes time and practice.

Ive just been reccomended to photoscape .... looks similar to picassa just a little more advanced...

Most reactions

Back