Votes: 2 20.0%
  • House on the right

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

memorex88

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
OK here’s the deal. Every year the Moms help the kids make a Gingerbread House.
This Christmas is different. The kids have grown and challenged the Moms in a Gingerbread House competition!
Who will make the best looking house?

This is where I need your help on an unbiased vote. With your help, we can decide who takes the competition? This may be the start of a traditional yearly event.

Thank you.

IMG_0449edit.jpg

EDIT>> I removed the distracting background using my little known PS skill :(

To start with, I would have removed everything from the table except the gingerbread houses. Then I would have cropped everyone out of the picture and focused only on the houses. The people & bottles, etc are very distracting and need not be in the photo. Then I would have shot each house seperate if you wanted a vote as to which is best. Only my opinion. Thanks for sharing!

They both look pretty yummy...I'm gonna have to flip a coin here :)

It looks like some technique has filtered down throgh the generations, but I'm going with the one on the left!

SpaceNut said:
To start with, I would have removed everything from the table except the gingerbread houses. Then I would have cropped everyone out of the picture and focused only on the houses. The people & bottles, etc are very distracting and need not be in the photo. Then I would have shot each house seperate if you wanted a vote as to which is best. Only my opinion. Thanks for sharing!

Yes your right. I would have liked to use a backdrop BUT I was given orders! "Take the picture with them side by side bla bla bla!" hehe it became quite the competition, so this is strictly for the vote. Next year I will make it more professional. :wink:

I was given orders! "Take the picture with them side by side bla bla bla!"

LMAO :lol::lol::lol:

We make them too, so much fun! I voted, but next year I want more angles to choose properly! :D

Alison said:
We make them too, so much fun! I voted, but next year I want more angles to choose properly! :D

You got it! I'll kick everyone out of the room and TAKE CHARGE!!! if they let me.

Ok this one was tough. I really love the house on the right BUT I loved the yard better on the left! So I went with the better yard on my vote and voted LEFT!!!!

Either way, they are both wonderful looking and what you did is much MUCH better then anything I could ever do.

oldnavy170 said:
Ok this one was tough. I really love the house on the right BUT I loved the yard better on the left! So I went with the better yard on my vote and voted LEFT!!!!

Either way, they are both wonderful looking and what you did is much MUCH better then anything I could ever do.

I thank you for your time and vote.

BTW at the end of the vote tomorrow at 9 PM, I will reveal which house is the kids and and which is the Moms.

OK so the kids was on the right and the Moms was on the left.
The kids won this round!
Thanks for your help. :thumbup:

Merry Christmas everyone! :hug::

Most reactions

Back