girl, grass

mmaria

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
fortress_190316_0034 (Small).jpg

Great lighting.

I can't really tell from such a small image, but the skin is looking overly smooth from my perspective. What technique did you use for retouching her?

Great lighting.
she was completely in a shade, under the sunny sky... the rest is pp work

I can't really tell from such a small image, but the skin is looking overly smooth from my perspective. What technique did you use for retouching her?

I did frequency separation and then highlight and contour but that in a really low opacity. She's a teen and has a problematic skin, lots of zits and I actually left some of her real skin texture, so in the bigger file when I zoom in, I can see that her skin is still not perfect

Great lighting.
she was completely in a shade, under the sunny sky... the rest is pp work

I did frequency separation and then highlight and contour but that in a really low opacity. She's a teen and has a problematic skin, lots of zits and I actually left some of her real skin texture, so in the bigger file when I zoom in, I can see that her skin is still not perfect

Shade is often where you get the best lighting, in my opinion, even on a sunny day.

I've used frequency separation a couple of times, but prefer to use dodge/burn instead for skin work. What I've found with either technique is that it can very easily be overdone. Perhaps consider reducing the opacity on your layers where you did skinwork and contouring/highlighting, because there is just something about the skin on her face that makes it look very artificial looking, like it's been taken just a little bit too far. As artists it can be very easy for us to get obsessed over perfection and take things just a bit too far, especially us photographers when we are retouching someone's skin.

Last edited:
Shade is often where you get the best lighting, in my opinion, even on a sunny day.
yeah...

I shoot natural/available light only and the light on that particular spot was really really nice.The rest of the place was completely sunny. But had to be quick because weather changed quickly.

I've used frequency separation a couple of times, but prefer to use dodge/burn instead for skin work. What I've found with either technique is that it can very easily be overdone. Perhaps consider reducing the opacity on your layers where you did skinwork and contouring/highlighting, because there is just something about the skin on her face that makes it look very artificial looking, like it's been taken just a little bit too far. As artists it can be very easy for us to get obsessed over perfection and take things just a bit too far, especially us photographers when we are retouching someone's skin.
yeah I agree with you ... I'll reduce opacity of fs layer

I need to work more on my retouching and learn more, really

Most reactions

New Topics

Back