Girl in Alley? - C&C please

Very nice Trev... a couple of thoughts: (1) Could you boom in a hairlight? It's just a bit dark; and (2) I wish you'd moved her to the right a bit more, in part to obscure the house in the background, but also to put her at the vanishing point of the two walls; I'm finding my eye pulled down the RH wall to the house.

Very nice Trev... a couple of thoughts: (1) Could you boom in a hairlight? It's just a bit dark; and (2) I wish you'd moved her to the right a bit more, in part to obscure the house in the background, but also to put her at the vanishing point of the two walls; I'm finding my eye pulled down the RH wall to the house.

had considered placing her more centered but it just didn't feel right for me? Hairlight, ya I could've, should've!

How about turning that house into more of the graffiti wall? I think that would take the curse off it.

Thanks for sharing. Great site, lovely model.
1. Agree about the hair and the house. If you can't remove the house, at least darken that pink color so it doesn't jump out so.
2. Try it with a portrait orientation--it will focus attention more on her.

How about turning that house into more of the graffiti wall? I think that would take the curse off it.

Thanks for sharing. Great site, lovely model.
1. Agree about the hair and the house. If you can't remove the house, at least darken that pink color so it doesn't jump out so.
2. Try it with a portrait orientation--it will focus attention more on her.

Honestly surprised you didn't remark on my cruddy composite attempt so I'll take that as a successful effort. :) Had to mask by hard, the original taken in studio with a graffiti background but I just didn't like it. Bummed the house is such a distraction and I suppose it is, I just saw it as a cool element but yes. Oh well, learning is the objective here.

Thanks for your comments guys. Where is everyone? Only 2 comments? Everyone has an opinion, I'd like to hear more thoughts!

Honestly surprised you didn't remark on my cruddy composite attempt so I'll take that as a successful effort. :) Had to mask by hard, the original taken in studio with a graffiti background but I just didn't like it. Bummed the house is such a distraction and I suppose it is, I just saw it as a cool element but yes. Oh well, learning is the objective here.

Ahh..so that's why the question mark in the title. Well apart from that if I were just taking her picture in that scene and it was for real I wouldn't want her feet so close to the bottom edge of the composition.

But part of the reason the house was a distraction was b/c it looks like you (or the street lights) have it well lit. I think it would work--as long as it was darker.

had considered placing her more centered but it just didn't feel right for me? Hairlight, ya I could've, should've!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Great photo - I like the colors but as @Trever1t pointed - I'm a bit drawn to the house behind her - perhaps if it was darker? A hair light will be great as well and the sky's white patch is too blown out. I really do like the colors and the separation of the model - the light is great on her. The diagonal of the wall is a nice feature as well.

The lighting from the sky doesn't match the model or the scene. If the light is breaking through the clouds behind her where is the rim light? Where is the light flooding into the alley? Although the perspective/scale of the model and scene are good the lighting isn't. That aside it's still not bad of an image.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

there are 2 images here. The background and the model. The light on the background is as it was. The model is blended in.

I'm just really distracted by her belly button. It's just there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back