What's new

Girl with lanturn: dark, grainy, and textured

EJBPhoto

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 13, 2005
Messages
492
Reaction score
13
This is DEFINITELY a differnet look compared to what I just posted. Not as common for me- but it's fun to try out new things sometimes- that's how you grow as an artist right? I took these when it was almost completely dark out- almost- with my 50mm with an iso of 1600- f/3.5 and 1/80. I could have let more light in by opening my aperture up wider- but I wanted it to LOOK dark. I'm not sure if I should have exposed a little more and then darkened it in PS... but I'm pretty happy with the results. Ps. They put some slight crackle in there in pping. Anyway, thanks for looking! :) CC welcome!

cloned.jpg
 
I think it looks good, and, yeh, it is different (but I like it). The only thing that I think would improve it is if the lantern was a little brighter.
 
I like it too. I think it's just a touch too dark, but the effect and the grain is really lovely. :)
 
i agree its just LIL too dark but i love the photo and the concept!
 
I lightened it a bit when I was first editing and it just didn't have the same mood. :) Thanks for commenting!!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom