Giving MF a try

joelbolden

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I came across this like-new looking Yashica MAT-124G, along with tele-photo, wide angle and wide angle viewer lenses the other day at our local thrift store. Even the light meter works. Whoever previously owned it had apparently hardly used it, but
DSCF6418.JPG
took really good care of it. Ordered a double lens hood, Sunpack 511 flash system(with bracket) and some Ektar 100 film. Looking forward to giving MF a try.

Last edited:
Sweet. Just keep in mind that a working meter isn't always an accurate meter. Budget a few bucks for an incident light meter. Given current film and processing costs, it's a smart buy.

I've gotten deals like this and found it kinda spooky when 40-60 year-old gear was like new, sometimes in the original packaging.

Sweet. Just keep in mind that a working meter isn't always an accurate meter. Budget a few bucks for an incident light meter. Given current film and processing costs, it's a smart buy.

I've gotten deals like this and found it kinda spooky when 40-60 year-old gear was like new, sometimes in the original packaging.
I already have one I use with my 35mm's

Cool find. There's some selection of vintage equipment found on here. I'm tempted to trawl the charity (thrift) shops when they open again. I'm sure you'll enjoy the camera and kit.

Ah, looks nice and new.
I miss shooting square.

Tip: if the winder does not want to turn ... do not force it!!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back