Glamour shots

BrentC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I saw these guys soaring at the other end of the park and land somewhere in among the woods. Decided to hike all the way across thinking I would never find them. But luckily caught site of them in the woods while walking along the treeline. Its nice they don't mind you getting up close but unfortunately I had the sun in back of them with no way to get around because of the thick brush. So although I was close it was not the best lighting conditions. Tried to do what I could in LR but I'm still an amateur with it at best.

1. The sexy look
Turkey Vulture by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

2. The wind swept look

3. Raise your hand if your a pretty bird.

6. This one I was a bit impressed with because it was ISO6400. I was expecting a lot more noise with my M43 at this high ISO.

Good shooting! I like #4 a lot.

Nice set; I've never been able to get that close.
I wouldn't want to, them things would eat your eyeballs like kosher olives. 800mm isn't far enough away...

Nice set.

By the way if anybody would like to take a crack at editing one of these photos, I would love to see what could be done with them by someone who really knows what they are doing. Because of lighting and exposure I had a bit of tough time myself. I can also make the raw file available.

I hate those hings. Last year I took one of those off the shoulder at 70 mph while I was riding my motorcycle. I could have ducked it, but I had my wife on the back and did not know if she had seen it so I took the hit. A couple of months later a friend of mine was knocked off of his motorcycle by one. He would have been okay, except he slide into a guardrail and a broken rib punctured his heart. He was a very cool guy. Desert Storm vet. Had an absolutely, drop dead gorgeous wife he worshipped with all his soul.

Very nice set of an extremely ugly bird. I like #3 because of the wing position and lighting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back