What's new

Glass and Steel

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm so bad at naming my pictures.

Mass%20Ave%20Building%20-%20002%20bw.jpg


c/c welcome if desired. Thankee-sais big-big.
 
what are you trying to tell? why did you take this? what was the building like? what was the day like? how does this pic make you feel? Consider this and you should come up with a name in no time!
I got this info from Bitter Jeweler:)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
Ha. Don't give me that. :)

First, it assumes that I don't have answers to those questions, which I may... or may not... and second, it assumes that I'm going to share them with you, which I'm not. :)

Let me explain... I always have my reasons for what I shoot, but I like to leave the interpretation up to viewer because it's very interesting for me, and because I don't want to bias people's interpretations. Sometimes my take on the scene or what I was trying to portray is DEAD-ON to what people interpret it as, but very rarely. The recent picture I took of a train tunnel is the shining example of this. EEEEEeeeeeeeeeveryone got "creepy" from it... and I didn't even title the silly thing. Most of the time folks see other things, such as with my picture of the two religious statues. Another very interesting example.

There's also one other element... as I tried to explain to my english teacher once, not everything needs to have an interpretation. Or as Freud once put it, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."
 
And this photo is "just glass and steel" and I feel the title you did choose in the end (for this thread, mind you) is enough. To me it is all about lines (diagonally arranged, nice!) and light and shadow, and about modern architecture. And this is enough for me to like this photo!
 
Pffft. you're just trying to rationalize the fact that your horizon lines are crooked, your perspective is off, and you jerked the camera to the side when the nice girl in the window you were trying to photograph noticed you.

Plus, you owe BJ royalties.












just kidding. Nice shot. The only thing I would perhaps criticise is your including a little bit of the window in the lower left - without it it would be more of an abstract without much obvious information to tell us what we were looking at - and then it becomes strictly a study of lines. That said, well seen.
 
translate glass and steel into another language ... often gives a nice title ;)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #7
And this photo is "just glass and steel" and I feel the title you did choose in the end (for this thread, mind you) is enough. To me it is all about lines (diagonally arranged, nice!) and light and shadow, and about modern architecture. And this is enough for me to like this photo!

Thanks, LaFoto. That was honestly it for me, too... "huh, that building is kinda neat... those lines are kinda cool... hmmm..." *click* The funny thing was all the people who were otherwise walking by without noticing who started pulling out camera phones and shooting the building after they saw me doing it. :)

Pffft. you're just trying to rationalize the fact that your horizon lines are crooked, your perspective is off, and you jerked the camera to the side when the nice girl in the window you were trying to photograph noticed you.

Plus, you owe BJ royalties.



just kidding. Nice shot. The only thing I would perhaps criticise is your including a little bit of the window in the lower left - without it it would be more of an abstract without much obvious information to tell us what we were looking at - and then it becomes strictly a study of lines. That said, well seen.

hahah... thanks, and I appreciate the comments. (and the humor.) But who/what is BJ? :)

translate glass and steel into another language ... often gives a nice title ;)

oh hey... interesting idea!
 
BJ = Bitter Jeweller (In this forum it is as evident as what is U.S.A. ;) )
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #10
hahah... good idea. Thanks, Freq! :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom