Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Redirected from Fueling Deterioration

I suspect my Canon FD 50mm 1.4 SSC to be effecting my shots with a red tint.

When ever I use the kit lens that came with the camera I have this god awefull amount of red tint. As I have been progressing along I have been becoming more and more aware of colors in my images. Rreasently I posted a set of pictures taken with two diffrent lenses and this was made abundantly clear to me. This came up in a thread today and I decided to redirect that part of the conversation here as I was debating on asking anywho. Below is quotes from the conversation containing some examples. If we need more I am sure I can dig them up.

At the Time this lens was produced Canon was using two different coatings S.C. spectra coateing and S.S.C Super Spectra Coating, now as I don't know a whole heck of a lot about glass coatings please enlighten me, Is that the case or is my lens fine and my mind is bad?

I don't understand. What has your lens got to do with it? It sounds like it is just a scanning problem rather than a lens or film issue. Try scanning B&W film in greyscale if you want to start off with neutral tones. What scanner and software are you using?

Best,
Helen
It's the lens, this occurs regardless of film type, make and scanner settings. I noticed this reasently in this series of pictures. The first four were taken with my Sakar 135 the last two with this lens my Canon 50mm 1.4, all scanned at the same time with with same settings and the same post procedure of minor shaprening. If this where a film or scanning issue it would not be this wide spread and clear or effecting all shots. And yes it does appear in the prints.

I mis-worded that post

You said that this picture was taken on BW400CN. There is no way for the colour of the lens to affect the colour of the image.

Best,
Helen

There shouldn't be but yet it does, I don't understand that either. That was my impression untill I got this set of prints back conferming it again not only between the 135 but also the 80-200 Gemini prints being grey but the ones with the 50 had the red tint to them.

I was not the only one to see this.

Here is the other of this set with out the post
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/battousaiofnphiles/Photos/015-2.jpg

This one came from the same roll
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/battousaiofnphiles/Photos/023-4.jpg

Most reactions

Back