Glass Skull Candle

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Haven't had the chance to try another "witch" shoot with Miss Em so I played a bit with the set today. Boy was the glass tough to shoot! This was my favourite shot.
I had a white reflector to try to simplify the reflections in the skull but it wasn't big enough, I still ended up with reflections from above.
Would love to hear your thoughts ;)
Thanks for taking a look.

The skull is not "reading right"...it could use some illumination from inside...from within...any way to achieve that???

Yeah Derrel, it is pretty busy huh? I've tried and tried to simplify it and finally decided to post and get suggestions. I could illuminate it from behind, there is clear glass/no wax at the bottom of the back of it, I will give that a try, I'm determined to figure this out!!

I think MAKING reflections in the skull might be the way to go! Very busy.

Looks like something from the Munster's
lol Excellent! ;)
It is all things I gathered from around the house, hmmm....

Well....my suggestion is to put SOME kind of light inside of it...candle...LED flashlight...flash wrapped in diffusing material...Christmas mini-lights, a night-light on an extension cord...emergency road flare...sparkler...burning pine-pitch torch (like from the old movies!!!)...Tikki torch...portable spotlight from the boat...Coleman mini-lantern...ANYTHING that'll fit!!!!

Derrel said:
Well....my suggestion is to put SOME kind of light inside of it...candle...LED flashlight...flash wrapped in diffusing material...Chrostmas mini-lights, a night-light on an extension cord...emergency road flare...sparkler...burning pine torch...Tikki torch...portable spotlight from the boat...Coleman mini-lantern...ANYTHING that'll fit!!!!

Maybe a firefly? But they are hard to train. ;)
It's a bottle, the top/spout is buried in the wax and it took forever to get the wax like that, so with this bottle it's behind or nothin'..... But.... I do have another one and the appropriate tools to drill a hole in the bottom..,

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! A firefly would be AWESOME!!!!! I can hardly beleive that I forgot to add that possibility! "DOAH!"

On a more serious note---how about some of those snap-to-glow "glow sticks"????

I think MAKING reflections in the skull might be the way to go! Very busy.
Hmmm, may I ask are you thinking with solid colour or....?
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! A firefly would be AWESOME!!!!! I can hardly beleive that I forgot to add that possibility! "DOAH!"

On a more serious note---how about some of those snap-to-glow "glow sticks"????

I did play with those in other bottles in the first shoot, I will check if I have any left. The candle melted a small hole through the top this time around so I mayyyy be able to get some in there, good idea!

You could try placing a tea candle behind the skull.

i-KfTfHjv-XL.jpg

Ah! You got the mouth to read right!! That mouth is brutal because of it being open and glass filling it. Ok behind or in it is, I will definitely play today/tonight :):)

Did you know that this Crystal Skull Vodka was banned here in Ontario until recently? The theory was, teenagers were going to go out and buy this $65 bottle because it was cool. :roll:

I was going to tell that this was a bad image from you from recent times( it is too clumsy to converse)...but the close up really worked :thumbsup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back