Glassware C&C

OrionsByte

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
An acquaintance of mine is selling some glassware he had specially made, and the company I manage is storing them for him and will be acting as a pack-out service for him. I was writing up the procedures for fulfilling a sale and decided that it would be good to have photos of the different products for reference.

And of course, when it comes to photos, if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing!

So here is what I came up with. I'd love to hear any thoughts as far as what I did right, what I did wrong, what I could do better next time, etc. This is my first attempt at glassware.

The backdrop is a couple sheets of 11x14 paper (I'm sure there's a seam in there for me to clone out if I look hard enough). I had a couple sheets of poster-size black cardstock to the left and right of the glass to provide the dark reflections. I had a softbox camera left and a little low shooting at about 1/64 to add some highlights, and my main light was an umbrella up high overhead and camera right at 1/4. Camera was set to f/8, 1/200, ISO 200.

Mixing Bottle
by Brian Stanford, on Flickr

Bitters Bottle

Syrup Bottle

Other than some basic adjustments and cropping, I haven't done any editing on these - they could all use some retouching to get rid of some flaws and dirt, but I wanted to see if anyone had any feedback first before I dove in to that.

Thanks all!

Very nice, I like the crop on all of them a lot of some reason

Most reactions

New Topics

Back