What's new

Glastonbury Tor

shufti

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 17, 2011
Messages
182
Reaction score
6
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took these pictures a few days ago. Not with my usual gear but a Sony NEX, a Pentax SMC 1.7/50 and Polarizer. Handheld. What do you think?


1.

5628445364_7821922ba9_z.jpg



2.

5627863099_4a95bd7c31_z.jpg



3.

5628446522_02049eca12_z.jpg



4.

5627863903_11264b5cc9_z.jpg



5.

5628447348_8bde569533_z.jpg
 
I think and little boost of saturation and contrast can help bring out some life to the color shots.
 
Thanks. I'll take a look at that. I'm using a monitor which oversaturates compared to my laptop ..so it's a bit of guesswork in making allowances. I've got the gamma, contrast and viewing angles sorted. The colors are a bit weak and you are calibrated? Colorwise, 1 & 3 seem at the limit for me. Likewise the contrast in picture 2.

Can i get a few more inputs please

*bump*
 
Ok, I just realized my monitor had been switched off my custom settings. I just adjusted this JPG to look as true-to-life as i can make it in terms of color saturation and contrast (shadow in the hedgerow/trees). Any better?

5629229260_0d13bec1d3_z.jpg
 
*bump*

Ok, I just realized my monitor had been switched off my custom settings. I just adjusted this JPG to look as true-to-life as i can make it in terms of color saturation and contrast (shadow in the hedgerow/trees). Any better?

5629229260_0d13bec1d3_z.jpg
 
The vertical views are outstanding, especially in their original colors
 
Thanks a lot! Do you think the picture in my last post is better color and/or contrast, Frequency?

I have a few more i can post too.
 
Thanks for the link. I just took a look at the photo gallery. The Glastonbury in CT looks a pleasant, rural place too.
 
Thanks a lot! Do you think the picture in my last post is better color and/or contrast, Frequency?

I have a few more i can post too.

The saturation is better, which made the image more lovely

But the images you posted later, look a bit dull, or is that me?
 
I thought the view of the town from above looks dull/thin. I need to have another go at that. I think i may have forgotten i had a polarizer on the lens, with a couple of these, as well. Thanks a lot !
 
I like #1, find #2 overly dark but I think #5 could do with a crop and a bit of vertical correction.

The problem is with the very strong sidelighting causing such a large dynamic range. Might be worth trying some exposure masks in photoshop to increase/decrease selected areas.
 
Thanks for that Ed, that's very useful. When i get a moment, i'll take a look and post up some revisions.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom