Global warming victim -- and summer blooms

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Seems like it's been forever since I've been able to take any photos. We have a slight break from the heat wave, but not from the drought. We broke so many high temp records and consecutive high temp records and high low temp records and one impossible record: It was 42 degrees here in St. Louis and at the same time the humidity was 19%. Any St. Louisan will tell you that's simply not possible in the summer. So between hiding out in the library and trying to water the garden there was no time for photos.

Last night I finally got out in the garden with my camera. All the hydrangea succumbed to the heat. They don't bloom through the summer but the 1st of June was early to lose them. The biggest tragedy is the tomatoes which won't set fruit in these temps. Got lots of vine but very little else.

Anyway, with nearly constant watering we do have some blooms. My favorite glad (pink and yellow) bloomed yesterday and the crape myrtles are blooming.

Joe

7564614186_39ceccfcca_b.jpg

7564614734_0dd134d400_b.jpg

7564615234_d2e4c7eaeb_b.jpg

Nice photo :eek: Love the last one due to it's shade and shadows.

Nice photo :eek: Love the last one due to it's shade and shadows.

Thanks -- glad you like it. Now I've got to go out and water it. Yesterday we broke some more records including the record for most records broke.

Joe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back