Glow

Now that imo is just stunning, great image and nice PP.

The glow makes the picture.

very nice...

I like the color scheme of pink flower against the greens. Very nice!

I added some inner “glow” on this one. Lots of dodge and burn to get some separation.
Too much?

Just great! I like the glow a lot. As Ansel Adams said, “Photography gives us a chance to correct God’s tonal mistakes.”

I love the flower, beautifully done. Not so sure about the background, if it's a tad dark now with the flower brightened up, and I think it would be better if that stem/line to the left wasn't there. (I think it's more noticeable with the background being basically two lovely soft colors, pinkish violet into the bluish green).

The glow makes the picture.

Thanks!

very nice...

Thanks!

I like the color scheme of pink flower against the greens. Very nice!

Thank you. The colors is what caught my eye on this one. I don't usually photograph lilies but this group jumped out.

I added some inner “glow” on this one. Lots of dodge and burn to get some separation.
Too much?

Just great! I like the glow a lot. As Ansel Adams said, “Photography gives us a chance to correct God’s tonal mistakes.”

Thank you. I've been working on my post processing in Affinity and finding the dodge/burn stuff to be the most challenging - but also the most fun!

I love the flower, beautifully done. Not so sure about the background, if it's a tad dark now with the flower brightened up, and I think it would be better if that stem/line to the left wasn't there. (I think it's more noticeable with the background being basically two lovely soft colors, pinkish violet into the bluish green).

I'll have to post the original later so you can see just how much I changed here... I wanted to get rid of that other stem but then it looked weird with the other flowers there. I may have to give this one a re-edit. On my big monitor I can see I over sharpened a bit on the flower stamen.

Definitely not too much. Looks very nice.

Thank you. Appreciate the feedback.

For those who are interested, here’s the original unedited photo:

Here’s a new edit without that extra stem:

Most reactions

Back