PushingTin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.christwine.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
swallowshout.jpg

What a beautiful moment here! I wish to be able to capture this sort of action some day when I can afford the 2.8 telephoto stuff. 420mm, eh? You must have a really sturdy tripod.

The one single criticism I have with this image though is in the processing. I feel your blacks are a bit too deep. Adding bit of fill light to the Raw during conversion would avoid these dropped shadows.

Thx for all the comments and advice.

Dubious: No tripod, it was handheld. Using the 300mm F4 with a 1.4 TC attached.

This is great! I love it.

Awesome catch.

I love the 300mm. It gives great colors, constrast and bokeh. I have a 1.7TC which drops the aperture to f/6.7. Do you feel you get enough reach with the 1.4TC and what is the drop in aperture.

Should've been named "Hurry Up"....;). Looks like a momma Tree Swallow (or similar species) bringing back some food for her baby.

This is a very nice capture....better than the ones I managed earlier this year. I'll see if I can dig them up.

Thx for looking....

Kundalini: I love the lens too! I would prefer longer reach but am satisfied with the reach for now and dont notice much drop in IQ with the 1.4. Focus still fast with the 1.4 and aperture is 5.6

Phranquey: Definitely wasnt bringing food back, the swallow was not happy to see this guy arrive on his branch, needless to say the arriving swallow went to another branch instead!

A perfect photograph!
Nominated for Photo of the Month!

Most reactions

Back