Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The wife picked this up today.
One more checked off her sewing machine bucket list.
Elna Supermatic (circa 1956)

Machine runs fantastic. a few cosmetic blemishes, a bit of minor paint wear, and scratches on the case, but otherwise in very good condition. The case folds out and turns into the sewing table making it extremely portable and usable anywhere there is a flat surface. Took a while to hunt this one down as they are pretty rare and usually cost about 3 times what I paid for it in good condition, not including the 12 cam disks that came with it which let you change the stitch pattern.

Elna Supermatic Sewing Machine by pixmedic, on Flickr

That's a beauty.

I figured this thread was safe to click on, not like your other one lol

What is the conduit/fluid line at lower right?

its called a knee bar.
it takes the place of a foot pedal. you sit in front and use your right knee to push the bar over to make the machine run. its variable speed so the farther over you push, the faster the machine runs.

DSC_0129-2.jpg

its called a knee bar.
it takes the place of a foot pedal. you sit in front and use your right knee to push the bar over to make the machine run. its variable speed so the farther over you push, the faster the machine runs.

View attachment 98619
Cool. I was thinking it was hydraulic powered. ;)

A hydraulic sewing machine would be pretty awesome. Probably a little more industrial than the wife would need though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back