Going Down!

JFew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Alright, well, I only have this one to show, I took it a few days ago. In optimal conditions, a macro lens (this was taken with a Sigma 50mm f/1.4), and spot metering this would have turned out a lot better. The wind was blowing something fierce and he was right on the tip of the branch. 'Twas my one and only shot...he jumped away after.

Anyway, enjoy!

3809108386_27fac9dd5f_b.jpg

Looking at it now, it makes me a bit sad I didn't make more of the situation...it could have been so much better! Oh well, photography is an art form and artists are never satisfied with their work, or at least, they shouldn't be! A lack of satisfaction means room for improvement!

Well, I decided to play with it a bit in GIMP and this is what I got:

3809108386_c055fbc9e4_b.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sorry but other then a bug what is it ? Should this be in macro section not that I'm nit picky or anything.

I posted it here because 1) The lens I used is nowhere near a macro lens; and 2) because it said "Nature and Wildlife".

What is photography but subjectivity. You interpret it how you want to.

I considered it a lucky shot because of the conditions. I had to guess at the exposure since my camera wanted me to expose the background as well, which, would have completely blown out any detail of the leaf and grasshopper. The wind was blowing tremendously hard, I had to follow try to follow the branch around as it swayed wildly in the wind, while also trying to keep the focus where it should be. Not only that, after I snapped the shot, the critter was gone. So, in essence, this was a "one and only" shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back