going INSANE trying to pick a lens.. HELP!

sb600
sb800
sb900
These are the flashes I use.
There are off brands you can buy as well, lighter powered.
Your flash doesn't have to be off camera, you can bounce if off ceilings and walls.

sb600
sb800
sb900
Your flash doesn't have to be off camera, you can bounce if off ceilings and walls.

Oops - I may have missed he was shooting indoors in optimal conditions to bounce =)

sb600
sb800
sb900

Oops - I may have missed he was shooting indoors in optimal conditions to bounce =)

....or you can also use on camera flash outdoors as fill or merely to add a catch light....

but yeah agree with the overall concept of getting the flash off camera as soon as you figure out how to make that work for you.

With that budget, I would also recommend the Nikon 35-70 2.8. It can be had for around $300 or so. If you can add another hundred to your budget next month or whenever, you can pick up an SB600 flash for about $200.

That would get you a 2.8 pro lens(albeit a few generations old), plus the ability to bounce your flash or use the flash off camera with the built in commander mode of your D7000.

thanks for the suggestions! i have been looking at all the suggested lens'.. so at least i was going in the right direction! :p thanks again

I'd go with the 35mm 1.8. I have that instead of a 50mm actually, and love it. Gorgeous bokah, and perfect for shooting kiddos :)

Marks got a Sigma 18-50 f2.8 for sale.

Most reactions

Back