Going to a wedding as a guest - Bring camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup i am in the same boat, starting out in the photography business, learning the technical and the arts. I brought my dslr to a friends wedding took pics from the side etc to get a few good shots to build a portfolio. As long as you don't interfere with the professionals that are hired, it should be all good... oh and if you intend to use your flash, ensure it doesn't distract the lighting the professionals are using.

If you want just want some fun shots, ask the bride. Personally I'm with the "leave the camera at home and get drunk" crowd.

If you want just want some fun shots, ask the bride. Personally I'm with the "leave the camera at home and get drunk" crowd.

Count me in on this as well :)

I only film the preparation, bride/groom/bridesmaid getting ready, the walk down the aisle and crowd reaction and a few other stuff. Once I get to the reception, I put my camera in the car and I'm all about the food and liquor afterward. Of course finding some lovely single females as well ;)

I take my camera to just about every wedding I go to. Gripped 7d with a 24-105. Hell I brought my camera to my own wedding and came home with some great shots of my friends and the photographers. I stay the **** out of the way and the only reason I bring my flash is if i am shooting friends at the bar away from everything else. I spend most of my time just shooting the guests and very rarely shoot the couple. I don't have a wedding section on my portfolio and have no interest in ever having one.

Go and enjoy. Speak briefly to the photog and if they're cool ask if you can tag along on a shoot if you are wanting practice or to see what it's like. You'll want to be in from the start if it's going to do you any good anyway.

Guests popping off like they were paparazzi at a wedding are just as annoying as the drunk uncle/previous boyfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back