Going to buy a Camera, outside of USA.

Stottergek

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi.

I want to buy the Canon Powershot elph 330 hs.
I cant buy it here in Holland, because we dont got it....
But i can buy it from Ebay.
Now is my question;

The charger, that comes with is to use in the USA, but i also got a DSLR NIKON, which is the same charger, where i got the extended piece to use to charge in europe.
That piece doenst come in the box, but does that piece fits on the Canon charger?

Greetings :)

If it doesn't fit, a Canon charger for the camera doesn't cost much here:

Amazon.com: canon elph 300 hs charger

I'm somewhat skeptical that a Nikon DSLR charger will work. On the other hand, if the extended piece you're talking about is a power converter to make an American gadget work with European voltage, Then it will PROBABLY be OK to use it with the Canon.

Yes, its an converter, you just put it on the 2 pieces, and it clicks in then i can put it in the electric pocket. not sure if that one will fit on the Canon one.. :p

The charger looks similar to the charger for my Canon SX560 point and shoot. It just has 2 blade like prongs that you plug into a North American electrical receptacle. I suspect your adapter has 2 holes for a blade type plug. You most likely plug your charger into the adapter then plug the adapter into a European wall receptacle. If this is the case then everything should work fine.

Canon and Nikon chargers are 110V to 220V. That means that you can use them anywhere. It is the same for laptops and electric razors, you should read the sticker on on each device to make sure though, if a specific device doesn't say 110~220v you will fry the device. Like mentioned above, you just need a 2 prong converter, which you can get for about $1.

220-110V

th
[/img]

110v-220v
adapter_us_to_europe_1_.jpg

Ow, the Charger of my Nikon is 100-240V.
Going to search for a 2 prong converter.

Dont use that adapter. Just buy the cable part,appropriate to your country, surely - its a generic part and not fixed?

Ive got a Canon DSLR, and its charger came with a UK and a US lead. (The sort which goes from the wall plug into a figure-of-eight, like printers or some hi-fi use), so you can use the chager with whatever socket type you have in your country by simpy buying the correct cable?

We have figured out, that the Europe name is Canon IXUS 255 HS.
So the Usa name is Canon powershot ELPH 330 hs, and Europe Canon IXUS 255 HS.
No idea why its just a different name, but they are the same camera. :p same specs etc.And people are saying that its the same camera but with just a different name.
very weird :p

Our European ''version'', has the same Quality as the usa one right?

Most reactions

Back