Golf

AceCo55

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A few shots of local players

#1 Wish the guy in background hadn't walked into the shot!

#5 Long putt has the ball finishing an inch from dropping in!

Nice series :) I love the expressions and body positions. Slight over exposure in nr 3 maybe, otherwise good job :)

Thanks for the observations - much appreciated.

Ha, ha, the only one that even looks like a golfer is the young man in photo 1.

I agree, if you're going to shoot golf with all respect you need better models. None the less the other guys don't help.

Did you use the 200-400?

Did you use the 200-400?

No, I used the 70-200. Small town - everyone knows everyone. Used to be a member so they tolerate me with good humour!!

#5 either missed the shot or is calling in the cattle for feeding time.

It made me laugh, thanks for the post!

Nikon D300 (x2)
Nikon lenses: 14-24mm | 24-70mm | 70-200mm | 105mm macro | 200-400mm
Speedlights: SB900 | SB600
Usual accessories

I admire your lenses! How about a photo of your set-up and how you carry all that?

Nikon D300 (x2)
Usual accessories

I admire your lenses! How about a photo of your set-up and how you carry all that?

I am a very lucky man. I used to have Pentax system which was really limiting my Aussie Rules photography. It was my wife who said go and get the lens you need. I told her it would be expensive and I would have to change over all my gear to Nikon. She just said "do it" ... and I didn't need to ask twice. I bought the 14-24mm lens a few months ago after saving up for a year or so.
Pack most of it in a ThinkTank Airport Security V2 bag. Haven't re-arranged it to fit the 14-24mm lens yet ... and of course the 200-400 has its own bag.
Anyway here are a few photos of my gear - my wife was out so I couldn't use her P&S to take the shots. So had to use one of the D300.

#1 Very embarrassed about the camera shake here!!!! I had packed all the gear away so this is it I'm afraid!

Good series on the duffers out hacking away...

Just be glad you weren't shooting Tiger before he struck the ball... any shooting during the swing will get you a good foul mouthed rant. Etiquitte for shooting on the course is to not shoot during the swing until the ball has been struck unless you are a fair distance off with a long telephoto.
Woods: Shutter snap at No. 9 halted momentum - Golf - ESPN Ohhh and don't even mess with a picture of John Daly swinging, he tends to like tossing cameras. lol

To be honest, I think the Pros are a bit precious about the no noise thing. These are supposed to be elite athletes and given the money they earn surely they are able to concentrate/focus and block out external noises. I don't believe any person in the world is physically capable of pulling out of their shot when the clubhead is three quarters through their downswing - and that's when I start hitting the shutter. For these guys, I'd use the long lens ... and stay out of clubs reach! (end of "rant" ... :grumpy:)
Anyway ... all my local duffers are OK with me there and that suits me down to the ground. ;)

Nice setup :D Interesting about golfers worrying about the shutter noise ... wonder if snooker players have the same problem? Because in there in a silent hall, I'm sure it would be easier to hear, than outdoors on a green or fairway ;)

#1 - Decent form, but watch your back. That reverse "C" will cause you problems in the future.
#2 - Ummmm, CHUNK!!
#3 - That ball was hooking into the woods as soon as he hit it.
#4 - No power. Weight it on his back foot.
#5 - You miss 100% of the putts you leave short!!

LOL!

Nikon D300 (x2)
Usual accessories

I am a very lucky man. I used to have Pentax system which was really limiting my Aussie Rules photography. It was my wife who said go and get the lens you need. I told her it would be expensive and I would have to change over all my gear to Nikon. She just said "do it" ... and I didn't need to ask twice. I bought the 14-24mm lens a few months ago after saving up for a year or so.
Pack most of it in a ThinkTank Airport Security V2 bag. Haven't re-arranged it to fit the 14-24mm lens yet ... and of course the 200-400 has its own bag.
Anyway here are a few photos of my gear - my wife was out so I couldn't use her P&S to take the shots. So had to use one of the D300.

#1 Very embarrassed about the camera shake here!!!! I had packed all the gear away so this is it I'm afraid!

:drool::drool::drool:

Most reactions

Back