Gone mad today

Don't feel bad. They dragged me to the dark side to. First it's a single camera. Next you'll be having to look film up in the dictionary.

Last edited:
Don't feel bad. I dragged me to the dark side to. First it's a single camera. Next you'll be having to look film up in the dictionary.

Heck, I've got more film slr's now than I do dslr's.

Not even close. I have 40 years of collecting film camera and 1 digital. Granted, the digital is probably worth 3 times the total value of all the film cameras put together.

I often wonder. I spent my tricycle years helping my dad in his darkroom. I wonder if it wasn't for that, would I have been just another P&S shooter taking pictures at my kids birthday parties.

Last edited:
Just traded my Canon 300mmF2.8L on a Sony A7, so i could be 90% film 10% digital again

Ohhhhhhh! Well, at least somebody came out of this deal smelling like a rose...

Don't feel bad. I dragged me to the dark side to. First it's a single camera. Next you'll be having to look film up in the dictionary.

Heck, I've got more film slr's now than I do dslr's.

Not even close. I have 40 years of collecting film camera and 1 digital. Granted, the digital is probably worth 3 times the total value of all the film cameras put together.

Other way round for me, Got an M4 and an M4P 70 year anniversary (mint)

Just traded my Canon 300mmF2.8L on a Sony A7, so i could be 90% film 10% digital again

This is the worst case of insanity I've seen in a long while! I mean how how HOW could you do that!?!?!?

I just - I just - I think I'm in shock.

Also I clearly need to move to Chesterfield and take over the now vacant spot in the local long lens photography market!

Runnah gets made a mod. Check.
Jacaranda shoots a wedding. Check.
Gsgary trades a Canon 300mm f/2.8 on a digital camera. Ch…wait, WHAT???

Yep. Signs of the Apocalypse are everywhere. :lmao:

This is the worst case of insanity I've seen in a long while! I mean how how HOW could you do that!?!?!?

I just - I just - I think I'm in shock.

Also I clearly need to move to Chesterfield and take over the now vacant spot in the local long lens photography market!

The way i shoot now i was hardly using it

That lens (I can only find an IS) is worth $3k on the used market.
The Sony A7 is worth $1.4k on the used market.

Was there cash or more lenses or something involved? That doesn't seem a good trade.

That lens (I can only find an IS) is worth $3k on the used market.
The Sony A7 is worth $1.4k on the used market.

Was there cash or more lenses or something involved? That doesn't seem a good trade.

It is a 1995 non IS shaper than an IS, paid £1300 7 years ago and got £1000 today on trade in so I am very pleased

Ohhhhhhh! Well, at least somebody came out of this deal smelling like a rose...

Sniff.. Sniff.. huh.. you know, that doesn't really smell so much like a rose. Lol

Most reactions

Back