Good deal, or not?

mrshaleyberg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was looking on Craigslist.com yesterday and stumbled upon a guy selling his backdrop stand..I was just looking on amazon, trying to decide which one to buy to start off with, as this is my first time buying any actual "studio" type equipment.

He ended up selling me the backdrop stand (12X12), a 12 foot roll of grey seamless paper, a tripod, and two light stands and umbrellas. I paid $95 for all. The backdrop stand is very sturdy, and was purchased for almost $200. Everything is in good condition. Just wanted to make sure I got a good deal, or if I should have thought about it first.

Thanks, Haley

DSC_0825.jpg

$95 for all we see and a roll paper?

checking B&H, a decent backdrop stand can run $100 easily. umbrellas run $15-30 each depending on size light stands that size are in the $20+ range depending on quality/who sells it. the umbrella brackets run $15+ each. Assuming it's not all crazy cheap I'd say the price was really good.

Looks like you did ok on the deal. The tripod is about as cheap as tripods get, and is not a good one.

The paper roll is likely just under 9 feet wide (107"), but 12 yards long when new. B&H sells the 107" x 12 yd paper, for $40 a roll + shipping.

As mentioned Impact brand backdrop stand kits run right at $100 and comes with a carry bag. An Impact 2 lightstand, 2 umbrella brackets, and 2 32" convertable umbrella's kit also runs about $100.

So figure all the stuff you got (if Impact brand), cost about $270, new + shipping.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back