good lense for shooting wedding camera (canon 60D)

Canon 70-200 2.8 L probably the best lens for weddings or go for 24-70 2.8 L . Trust me you won't be disappointed .

I'll chime in and repeat what's been said above...24-70 f2.8. But I'd also add, get a decent flash as well, if you haven't already.

I recently went as a guest to my ex-stepdaughters' wedding with 60D + 24-70 + flash but did a lot of hand held, no flash photography under poor lighting conditions. The results were near disaster. So, flash, flash, flash, and keep the shutter speed fast enough to stop action, including camera shake.

You can use a flash pretty much anytime you want EXCEPT during the actual ceremony. After the bride arrives at the altar and the father "gives her away" -- that's basically your last flash shot until they're walking back down the aisle. Everything "during" the ceremony is natural light only. Hence the need for the 70-200mm f/2.8.

A professional owns the right gear -- not merely the gear they can afford. If they cannot afford the right gear then they're not ready to shoot weddings. The flashes are almost more important than the lenses... they get used all day long at a wedding, and usually more than one. This means if you're not already quite adept at flash photography and getting good results, then you're not ready. When I did weddings there were always two flashes... main & side-light. It creates softer shadows when you have to use straight-on flash (which, at a wedding, is probably most of the time.)

Shooting a wedding demands that (a) you've got the all the right gear and (b) you got the knowledge and know how to shoot a wedding. Too many people with a DSLR really don't have either a or b, but want to shoot weddings anyway. The results are, more often than not, tragic.

The "problem" with wedding photography is that you can't do a re-take if the photos don't turn out. If someone were to do, say, senior photos. And the photos didn't turn out well, you could do re-takes and not ruin an occasion. But you can't do that at a wedding... you have to nail the shots and you have to know (not just hope) that you're nailing the shots.

thanks belial....if u dnt mind can u explain me how this 3 lenses working i mean which situation the best for each lenses...im so appreciated...:)

Your a brave individual, shooting a wedding so early in your photographic development.

Or stupid... Maybe hidden genius? Picks up a camera and magic happens not knowing a thing about it? I equate it to button insane mashing in a fighting video game: it's what you do when you don't know what to do and sometimes it works.

If you plan to shoot outside weddings then it's not as imperative as if shooting indoors. You want a fast lens, great for low light shots. Sometimes (a lot of times) using a flash indoors will be acceptable and you'll need a fast lens from 1.2 to 2.8 and these generally cost bucks. Need to make sure your camera can shoot well in lowlight, good high iso and a great AF system. Focus fast in low light and grab that image. even shooting at 5 to 8 frames per second doesn't matter if the focus and/or lighting is off.

I like the Canon 70-200 f2.8L lenses for a wedding indoors. good reach - particularly on a crop camera. Fast enough for low light. A bit expensive but most 2.8 lenses cost you for that function.

Tamron's 70-200 f2.8 is great and it's about $500 less than Canon's.

The 70-200 allows you to get close, and get the shot, with out being in the middle of what's going on.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back