good middle of the road tripod I can travel with? canon 80D

theregoesjb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a compact backpacking tripod but it is too small, I ordered a vangaurd Alta Pro 263 for 150$ due to all the great reviews it gets. It's a great tripod with great height but it might a little too big for carrying on hikes... its 28" folded and weighs 5.7 lbs. I'm considering returning it.

I dont need the most compact tripod, I dont mind having to carry it or strapping it on the outside of a bag, trying to stay around 150-200$

Know what you mean. Picked up the Vanguard Alta Pro 263 AT. Added my own ball head. Great tripod and built like a tank, but not something I want to carry backpacking.

Look at the Vanguard veo 2 264ab. It was recommended by another member. Should be more what you're looking for. Watching for a good deal on one. I'll use that for my day trips.

Check out 3 legged thing, they might have a model that's suits you.

I purchased what I thought was a decent tripod, a Neewer, BIG MISTAKE.

The Neewer tripod was not bad but I made several errors. One was being a lightweight tripod it was not as rigid or secure as it needed to be, the second issue was it was only up to 4kg weight capacity, this is very important, as I was informed on here, the camera and lens should not exceed half the recommended tripod weight.

I have therefore purchased a new tripod, more sturdy, folds away neatly, but also has a load capacity up to 13kg. It speaks for itself I guess, only I found out after purchase one that was not fit for my purpose. There are obviously more sophisticated tripods out there but this one has good solid legs, twist fit not slide and flick a plastic lever, it has various fixed opening of legs positions to provide stability at each stage and to suit what you are planning to shoot, all fittings are solid and secure, it has a 360 degree fluid ball head and has spike/pointed feet to stand firmly on the ground.

Take a look at Zomei Z699 Professional Tripod and Monopod with Ball head, see if it is suitable for what you need, compare it with others. I am not saying it is the best, just sharing what I learned, hopefully you will not make the mistake I made. It weighs 1.46Kg but folds down to just 14". Good luck what ever you choose.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back