Good place for prints??

sean-c

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey,
I'm a chicago based photog looking for a place that does good prints. I heard costco does a surprisingly good job for relatively cheap. If any one lives in the area and knows of a local spot I'd much rather support an independent biz than corporate. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Would you be interested in getting prints online? mpix and winkflash seem to be good online printing companies, check them out.

Welcome to the forum.

It should be fairly painless to just have samples made up by a few different labs in your area. You will usually have to pay for top quality, but some places will offer good quality at good prices.

I've had good prints from Costco and the price is hard to beat. I wouldn't use them for any prints I was going to sell though.

MPIX.com gets a lot of good buzz from people in the US, if you don't mind using an on-line lab.

nice. those are some good options. i'll check em out.

I just received my first order from mpix. I ordered a sampling. I was blown away my the quality for the price. I feel so ripped off by every photographer who charged me $30 for an 8x10

I almost never hear shutterfly here. I've had some 4x6 printed there and they came out pretty good. Even came with an index. For higher quality I think I'd go with Mpix. Their metallic paper is awesome for landscape and sharp pictures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back