Good Times

Naicidrac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is a BW, I just wanted to get some feedback. Thanks

Rendition1BW.jpg

Thanks, I put texture in a lot of images.

i like it a lot. Don't like the faked crackling. I don't understand why people buy these expensive cameras and then edit to look like they shot it with a box camera. Do you print your images? Why would you print an image with a photoshoped cracked texture layer?

I'ed liek to see an unedited version...

Thanks for all of the input. I guess I like to make different stuff. I just checked my camera and within the past 10 months I have closed the shutter almost 20,000 times with my D700. Taking thousands of regular pictures is great, but sometimes it is fun to add a little grunge and texture to it. Actually I have a fine art background so I am totally not a purist with photography. Even though I did start working with photography in the old dark room days I totally like to post process. I have not printed this, but I do have it in about 5 different variations, colored, BW, colored with texture etc.... I understand you wondering why people buy great cameras and they grunge out the images, but a little variation never hurt anyone. If anything variation is what makes life grand. This kind of stuff is all the rage in the music and film industry. I just tried a little visual contrast with the cute young girls and a grunge overlay. Contrast to me is always interesting. Infact, contrast is one of the eternal truths is art. I take all of my textures as well. Sometimes I have more fun going out taking textures. Thanks again and keep the comments coming. I actually love to add a little blending option to my images. I am not at all trying to make the image look old or aged and it is certainly not a third party plug in or anything cheap like that. It is just a textured blended in PS with my working layer.

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the input. I guess I like to make different stuff. I just checked my camera and within the past 10 months I have closed the shutter almost 20,000 times with my D700. Taking thousands of regular pictures is great, but sometimes it is fun to add a little grunge and texture to it. Actually I have a fine art background so I am totally not a purist with photography. Even though I did start working with photography in the old dark room days I totally like to post process. I have not printed this, but I do have it in about 5 different variations, colored, BW, colored with texture etc.... I understand you wondering why people buy great cameras and they grunge out the images, but a little variation never hurt anyone. If anything variation is what makes life grand. This kind of stuff is all the rage in the music and film industry. I just tried a little visual contrast with the cute young girls and a grunge overlay. Contrast to me is always interesting. Infact, contrast is one of the eternal truths is art. I take all of my textures as well. Sometimes I have more fun going out taking textures. Thanks again and keep the comments coming. I actually love to add a little blending option to my images. I am not at all trying to make the image look old or aged and it is certainly not a third party plug in or anything cheap like that. It is just a textured blended in PS with my working layer.

Yeah, I think it looks cool, just its fake. i don't see the point in faux finishes. Take the photo an bury it in your yard for a year. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back