Good video editing software

FL14KLQ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

I'm using iMovie right now but i want to upgrade to more professional software.

I'm looking for a Mac (Imac) program that allows editing in a straight forward way.
More advanced options are fine but i don't want a program which is so difficult to use
that i have to read the manual a couple of times first.

It needs to have a export option to as many video formats as possible.

The program and videos have to be on the computer itself, so no cloud storage and such.

I checked out Final Cut Pro X and Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 but are there better programs ?

Who can help me ?

Best regards.

Flash

Adobe Premiere is your best bet. There are better systems but they are well outside the price range of most except for big budget production companies.

What wants to make you leave iMovie? In iMovie you can adjust exposure, speed, sound, contrast, and much more. Only if you find that is not enough should you change (unless you just wanna mess around with the better programs for the heck of it). And if you do, I've heard a lot of good things about Final Cut Pro.

See if you can get free trials and just see for yourself.

Final cut pro X

Adobe is more like avid ... Maybe overkill for your needs.

Hello,

I'm using iMovie right now but i want to upgrade to more professional software.

I'm looking for a Mac (Imac) program that allows editing in a straight forward way.
More advanced options are fine but i don't want a program which is so difficult to use
that i have to read the manual a couple of times first.

It needs to have a export option to as many video formats as possible.

The program and videos have to be on the computer itself, so no cloud storage and such.

I checked out Final Cut Pro X and Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 but are there better programs ?

Who can help me ?

Best regards.

Flash
If I were you, I'd check out Hitfilm ( hitfilm.com). I am currently using the free version of Hitfilm 2 Express (it was a short-time deal!) and I love it. It will give you the basic video editing (transitions, effects, etc.) as well as some pretty impressive special effects. While it may not quite be on the same level as After Effects (in terms of visual effects) or Premiere Pro (in terms of editing), I see it as a much better deal (regarding the price).

I think it really depends on your needs/goals. Personally, I'm a big fan of Premiere because it works seamlessly together with other Adobe application like After Effects etc.

When it comes to editing and grading, I think both Premiere and Final Cut Pro will fit your needs

Most reactions

Back