Good video editing software?

RichieS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What is the best software out there for editing footage for video?

Would prefer a free/demo at this time

Hello and welcome, lots of software available just Google it....

Most decent packages will give a free demo/trail period. Youtube has loads of advice too. I don't do video so don't feel qualified to recommend a particular brand.

Depends on what you want it to do.

Just cutting up clips and pasting them together, maybe over dub some sound? The built in tools in Windows and Mac will do that.

I use Adobe Premiere Elements which seems powerful enough for me. It handles 4K and stills which I show on Youtube, on my 75" TV or monitor. I don't believe it does Log type editing if you need that. I believe Adobe's Premiere Pro handles that which is a monthly fee service. Premiere Elements is pretty cheap and you only have to buy it once. Here are some typical videos I've done.
The Fire Academy has stills and short video clips shot from a cell phone. Coney Island one is just a video of stills taken with a digital camera. The Scuba video is a slide show of scans of Ektachrome slides. The race car is just a video clip I believe taken with a digital camera.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDzogShfhgCHh2rVvEsFOJQ

Depends on what you want it to do.

Just cutting up clips and pasting them together, maybe over dub some sound? The built in tools in Windows and Mac will do that.

A bit more advanced features than just copy and pasting, I also want to do a bit of colour grading

Alan, watched the Fireman video. Are you in it or just taking photos?
I am in need of updating my PSE 11/Premiere Elements, so thanks for info.

A bit more advanced features than just copy and pasting, I also want to do a bit of colour grading

I use Adobe Premier Pro. I like the presets for color grading and many options to tweak.

Alan, watched the Fireman video. Are you in it or just taking photos?
I am in need of updating my PSE 11/Premiere Elements, so thanks for info.
I shot it but never actually got it in. Those were all men from my Men's Group and the firemen of course. It was taken with my Samsung Galaxy S7 cellphone shot in 1920x1080 except for the opening still shot with the titles and the final still shot with the credits. These were gotten from the academy website I believe. I bought the song from Amazon. I used Premiere Elements 12 for this video, but I've upgraded to v 2020 since then.

I've used premier pro but switched to final cut. Both are good.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I've used premier pro but switched to final cut. Both are good.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Premiere Pro has to be rented by the month by subscription, I think. Don't you just buy Final Cut? What's the cost of each?
Yes premiere is a monthly fee and final cut is just one time (300$).

I use Adobe Premier Pro. I like the presets for color grading and many options to tweak.

To be honest, I'm more inclined to use Davinci Resolve at the moment

I am having a terrible day with Pinnacle Studio 19. It is "importing" all my clips on a 1T storage. What is "importing"? I don't know. It better not be making a bunch of new files somewhere. If it's just cataloguing that's not too bad, but it is a waste of time. All I wanted to do was to splice a couple of short clips into a 5 min. clip. It's already well past 25 min and I'm still waiting for the program to come back to me. A complete waste of my time.

Most reactions

Back