Got A Camera As A Gift

AllHailZ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I sold my Nikon N60 DSLR two years ago and I've sorely regretted it ever since. I've been pining for another DSLR for a long time but things kept getting in the way. Like pesky bills.

Yesterday was my birthday and I received a Sony Cybershot H200 as a gift. I appreciated the gift and plan on trying it out but from what I've read on the camera review sites, this one isn't really great. Apparently lines showing up on the edges aren't crisp and photos require cropping. The person who bought it told me that they still had the receipt and were recommended this camera because it's a "hybrid" camera, combining DSLRs and point-and-shoots. I'd like a DSLR but I don't think there's a decent one for the same price point as the H200. If I didn't like it, I could exchange it for something else. I believe it came from Costco.

What are you thoughts about what I should do? Should I keep it or should I go for something else? Personally, I've always liked Nikon.

Well, you aren't going to get a new dslr for around $200 (looked up on Amazon). If it were me, and I had no additional funds to contribute, I'd keep it. You can always use that until you have the funding to buy exactly what you want. I would just make sure that I didn't invest in things (lenses etc) for that camera if you intend to get a different one down the road.

Most reactions

Back