Got me a 30D!!

fido dog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, since I'm doing more "payed" work and starting to develop a good reputation with horse clubs I thought I should move up from the 300D and get a 30D. WOW I like it! I had the 40D and 30D side by side and felt I couldn't justify the extra $400 for the 40D. My camera guy was incredible too. I (halfway) jokingly said "Why don't I just write a check and you don't deposit it until November 5th" with a laugh and he said "OK". I about crapped my britches! :lmao:

All in all a good day I wanted to share. :mrgreen:

Then what are you posting here for. Go forth and shoot. And enjoy above all. Congrats it's a wonderful camera.

Perhaps you should have gone for the 40D. I'm sure you'll be just as satisfied with the 30D coming from the 300D.

Perhaps you should have gone for the 40D. I'm sure you'll be just as satisfied with the 30D coming from the 300D.
I was pretty close to buying a 40D. I got to thinking about it though. I don't need 10Mp. The D2X we use at shows (boss's) we shoot on medium not large. I didn't need a bigger screen because the camera is plugged into a monitor. The only thing I think I'll miss is the sensor cleaning. We're in a dirty enviornment and we have to clean the sensor at least once a show.

I was pretty close to buying a 40D. I got to thinking about it though. I don't need 10Mp. The D2X we use at shows (boss's) we shoot on medium not large. I didn't need a bigger screen because the camera is plugged into a monitor. The only thing I think I'll miss is the sensor cleaning. We're in a dirty enviornment and we have to clean the sensor at least once a show.

The sensor cleaning feature on the 400D or 40D does not replace proper cleaning. It helps a bit, but you would have to clean by hand from time to time anyway.

It is a nice feature, but not crucial.

Enjoy your 30 D :)

youre gonna love it, i have barely put mine down since i got it. haha well over 2 months ago.

I like the Custom Functions thingy. I like being able to have the "Set" button to review pictures instead of having to use the play button. :D

Most reactions

Back