Got my first SLR opinions needed

blazen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok I have just recently graduated from my point and shoot to my Nikon D40 and have only a handful of times to really go out and takes some pics. These I think are the best ones I have out of the hundreds I have taken since my purchase. I have also been fooling around with PS CS2 and all of the pictures are a product of looking on the internet for tips on how to improve them. So hope you enjoy and feel free to rip em apart! Oh and the last one was taken with my point and shoot :p
DSC_0344copy23copy.jpg

DSC_0206copy.jpg

DSC_0201copy.jpg

DSC_0173copy.jpg

DSC_0141copy.jpg

DSC_0406copy.jpg

eyes.jpg

DSC_0365copy.jpg

P1010625copy.jpg

Some nice shots in there mate. I actually thought the SoL and the yacht shot were the same picture. . .you could easily chop those together to make a fairly nice sized print.

Nice. Please tell me thats your car and you're a member of bf.c

Nice. Please tell me thats your car and you're a member of bf.c
I WISH it was my car i took that at a meet back in April I used to have a e36 but i blew the engine and now i have a 00 vr6 passat 5spd till i find a e36 M3 project. But you are in to BMW?

They're a nice start, keep on shooting.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of selective coloring, there's only one or two times that I've seen it work, the rest of the time it's a novelty or parlour trick.

I WISH it was my car i took that at a meet back in April I used to have a e36 but i blew the engine and now i have a 00 vr6 passat 5spd till i find a e36 M3 project. But you are in to BMW?

Yeah for now I have a e39 5er. I like the sedan but with the power. I'm looking for an e30 m3 as a project. Then maybe i'll do a little photoshoot with them

I really like them all, but I agree that selective coloring only works SOMETIMES. If I had to choose one of the selective coloring shots, I'd say the Canadian Flag even though I'm American! :b And for the bridge picture (Brooklyn Bridge correct?) I would have focussed more on the bridge and not the boats. Bridges always capture the attention of a viewer and its really weird to have your eyes drawn immediately to the boats and not to the bridge. It almost felt uncomfortable! lol. Other than that, the camera looks like it has some amazing capabilities.

Some nice shots in there mate. I actually thought the SoL and the yacht shot were the same picture. . .you could easily chop those together to make a fairly nice sized print.

I thought that on my laptop, got home and look again with my calibrated monitor and I can definitely notice that they are not. Crazy!

Great shots though. I like the selective color. Especially on the flags and the stop sign. The BMW is my favorite, very nice car and picture of it.

I like the pic with the flags as well. Ialso have to agree with the selective coloring....it just doesnt work.
I have seen one pic where I really liked it. Black and white with a swan in water....black background with a red rose floating in the water.
....besides, its just reminds me of 75% of the pics you see on "myspace" :0

Most reactions

New Topics

Back