Got my New 50mm 1.8f

xjrrrdx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well I just got my 50mm 1.8 in so I went out to play with it and it's awesome. One thing I did notice, I thought the lens was dirty but it seems like is one very small piece of something that wont fall off or move. It's not a huge deal but here are a few pictures I took messing around. A few are a little overprocessed, sorry about that.

4277316020_2dfa8f669e.jpg

4277316500_74b073db47.jpg

4276572315_c780cdc4d0.jpg

4276572601_18fe758fe7.jpg

4277317692_dcd12845bb.jpg

i just bought a 50 1.8 too, and there is something inside it like a peice of dust on the glass inside the lens, is that what your talking about? seems odd... oh and the photos... i like the 4th one the best, the rest of them are kinda plain, but the bokeh is nice...

The piece of whatever in mine is larger than a piece of dust. I will try to get a photo of it, or just stop it down to illustrate.

^ Damn! RETURN.

mine dont look like that.... id return that ASAP!! before they blame it on you..

anytime you see a spec of anything in your lens, you should return it. Did you buy it online?

Well I just got my 50mm 1.8 in so I went out to play with it and it's awesome. One thing I did notice, I thought the lens was dirty but it seems like is one very small piece of something that wont fall off or move. It's not a huge deal but here are a few pictures I took messing around. A few are a little overprocessed, sorry about that.

Congrats on the new lens. :thumbup:
Post some more pics taken with this! I would like to see how this lens looks at f/11 or so. I have been considering this one just because it is so darn cheap.

Wow, that's a giant spec of something that's for sure. I'd return it if you bought in store.

I plan on picking this lens up too. Take a couple portrait shots, they look great.

Great lens huh? I have the Nikon 50MM 1.4 and this lens is tits!
Such a great lens and scopes amazing images.
Well worth the coin.
However if your lens came with that boogie on it, I would quickly make a phone call to the seller and advise them of it, call and make notice before you just send it back.
Other than that, great investment :thumbup:

Nosaj

I am thinking about buying this lens too. :)

Is it me or does the bokeh appear to be quite dirty/harsh in those photos?
Is this because the background is very far or high contrast?

I bought it from B&H so I shipped it back and will be getting a replacement.

As far as the "dirty" bokeh I sharpened it quite a bit just messing around, the bokeh is actually quite soft. It's a fun little lens to say the least, and the one thing I have noticed while I go out and play is you really have to take your time to frame shots since there is no zoom or anything like that. It makes me think a little bit more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back