Got my new lens!

PlasticSpanner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cheshirecatcarclub.info
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Picked it up a couple of days ago. F5, 750mm (or 1500mm with 2X Barlow lens :D )

celestronc6n.gif

http://telescopesandbinoculars.co.uk/acatalog/Celestron_Advanced_Series_C6-N_Newtonian_Reflector.html

So now you can all look forward to more photographs of boring black backgrounds with little white dots! :lol:

Erm.....

Wow!
5.gif

Cool. I got a 900mm telescope for Christmas. Probably not up to the quality of your one though. :mrgreen: It's got Barlow "PL 6.5mm and PL 25mm Eyepieces". Means little to me at the moment. I've always wanted a telescope but never really thought I'd get one. This'll be my first.

Any tips for mounting the camera? I think I'll practice with putting my camera on a tripod next to it for now. :mrgreen: Later on I'll get proper adaptors.

Wish I could use the thing. It's been cloud every night since I got it. :meh:

ferny said:
Any tips for mounting the camera? I think I'll practice with putting my camera on a tripod next to it for now. :mrgreen: Later on I'll get proper adaptors.

Wish I could use the thing. It's been cloud every night since I got it. :meh:

What make/model scope is it? If it has rings around the tube one of them will be threaded and possibly have a 1/4" stud on it to mount your camera!:thumbup:

Does your Barlow have a thread on the end that you put the eyepeices in? If so all you should need is a T2 mount to suit your camera & you just thread that onto the Barlow without the eyepeice (lens projection) which will give you a 900mm lens! :lol:

Got a shot of Saturn on my mobile phone but I don't have a clue how to get it onto the computer! :lol: (looks OK on the crappy mobile screen though!)

Any suggestions on getting images from an O2 X1b to a PC please? :D

I'm not normally slow when it comes to technology but I can't get this new one to send e-mails!:grumpy:

After bluetooth that was my next idea! Just gotta find out why it isn't working! :lol:

duncanp said:
hmm..... cant you just send it as a MMS but just to an email address?

I can send MMS but not to an e-mail address and I can send an e-mail but can't include the picture with it! :lol: How stupid!:x

I'm going to phone customer services & ask them how to do it!:thumbup:

Hmmm, where the MMS askes for a contact number I'm supposed to just type the e-mail address & the phone figures it out for itself!:er: Works though in a fasion. Sends it to my online message centre from where I have to download it. Dunno why they can't just send it as an attachment to my e-mail!

So here it is. The first image taken with my new Lens! :lol:

saturnmms0ji.jpg

I suspect there may be a little camera shake in there! :lol:

Most reactions

Back