Got myself a Christmas Present!

TJ K

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok so i've been wanting a 70-200 2.8 for a while now and the nikon is just way too expensive and I can't justify spending that much money at the moment and the 80-200 2.8 was an option but after reading some pretty good reviews I decided on the Sigma 70-200 2.8. It should be here Wednesday I had to end up going with B&H because Adorama was out of stock :( Hopefully I made a good decision!:mrgreen:
TJ

Congrats! I'm also beginning to consider one instead of the Nikon version.

Last edited:
soo jealous, im still trying to meet the guy for my 70-300 IS on craigslist :(, snow sucks

I certainly hope not! :lol: and thanks! Would you rather have snow or finally the coldest day so far with a low of like 64? lol

TJ

Sweet! Should be here wednesday got an email that it's packed and ready to ship. Can't wait to post first pics.
TJ

Thank you! Ya I can't wait to have a 2.8 zoom it's a new world for me. 200mm is going to be nice as well i currently only have up to 105mm. :D

I'm on the same boat... I told everyone to give me cash for Christmas to see if I can get enough to order one of those... I read a lot about the Sigma 70-200 F2.8 Of course I'd love the Canon version but my budget is not in that zone at the moment. The thing that scare me the most about the Sigma is the reported focus problems, but I also heard that Sigma Costumer Service is great, so I'm still one step (actually a couple of bucks) away of that lens...

Hope to hear from your experiences with your new glass

BTW this is my first post =) Hope to learn from everyone here!! ;)

Welcome to TPF and ya I heard some things about the focusing but when I read that all you have to do is send it in and they will calibrate it for you I was like awesome!
TJ

Nice, congrats, I just got my nikon 80-200 f/2.8, it's love........ :)

im never buying sigma again, so good luck with that, but honestly, it was/is the ****tiest lens in the world, and sigma is one company im never touching again. PLease tell me how it goes though, id love to see how a more expensive sigma is like. But cool, gl :)

Very nice, I love the presents I get myself the most
N.gif

Most reactions

New Topics

Back