Gotta love those brown boxes from New York...

BuZzZeRkEr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
....because they always make me very happy!:mrgreen:

D300AndLensBoxSmall.jpg

In all of their glory..

D300AndLensOutOfBoxSM.jpg

and a family potrait...

FamilyPortraitSmall.jpg

oooooh...

Congrats on the purchase. That was a nice chunk of coin to put out, but I guarantee you're gonna love that lens. Worth every penny.

oooooh...

Congrats on the purchase. That was a nice chunk of coin to put out, but I guarantee you're gonna love that lens. Worth every penny.

More like a wad! Yeah, wasn't cheap but well deserved. I'm gonna take out the 2.8 on sunday and see what she can really do. I just need a macro and one more sb-600 and I think I'll be set for awhile..

*is not jealous 0 its only nikon - is not jealous --*
what does that 70-200mm look better than the canon 70-200mm?
bah its just a grass is greener problem!

just a warning - once you turn down the path to macro - forever will it consume your destiny!

*is not jealous 0 its only nikon - is not jealous --*
what does that 70-200mm look better than the canon 70-200mm?
bah its just a grass is greener problem!

just a warning - once you turn down the path to macro - forever will it consume your destiny!

I am seriously afraid of that, but I might settle for a sigma macro...but then again I might want a fish eye too....oh man there is no end in sight.

goooooooooooo for the macro!
which one you thinking of?

Oh, you know you want the king of macros. You are salivating......

Purchased on ebay for $375...a mere pittance compared to what you just spent:

105mm.jpg

Behold the clarity and detail rendered by this beautiful wonder of Nikon:

dragon21m.jpg

:lol::lmao::lol::lmao:

Oh, you know you want the king of macros. You are salivating......

Purchased on ebay for $375...a mere pittance compared to what you just spent:

Behold the clarity and detail rendered by this beautiful wonder of Nikon:

:lol::lmao::lol::lmao:

SOLD! Man what an awesome lens! I'm going to have to work a few more jobs before I spring for the macro though :thumbup:

Beware. Overread is right. Once you get a true macro lens, it is very addictive (but soooo much fun).
This is another one of those lenses that are worth what you pay for it. I'm not knocking the 105mm Sigma by any means, it is a good lens, but for just a little more.....

show off ;)

Pretty much all the macro prime lenses are sharp and deliver good results. Personally I shoot canon, so the nikon 105mm macro was never a consideration although if given the choice between the sigma and the nikon the VR of the nikon would probably sway me to it.
That said when I was choosing my macro lens it was focal length (and as a result working distance) which was a primary consideration - you really want at least 100mm (90mm tamron is the shortest recomended) if you intend to work with insects since the longer the working distance the lesser are your chances of spooking the insect.
Of coures you have to balance things out - there is a very good sigma 180mm, but its weight is such that its not best suited to long hours doing handheld macro work - so I went for the lighter sigma 150mm :)
Another thing to consier when getting your macro is getting a 1.4 teleconverter - this adds some focal length and when dealing with small bugs like flies its great to get the additional boost in length so that the fill more of the frame. Also you get an inrease in magnification as well - so you get slightly more details at 1:1 - with things like that moster above unless you are going for a closeup shot the whole body requires much lesser magnification so its not as much of a concern

u suck.. point blank..

btw i hate you... and if you lived in NY id steel it lol.

now u suck ever more cause i came back to look at it again..

Most reactions

Back