Gower, South Wales, UK

thereyougo!

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some from closer to home (though am now away again, this time in Seoul).

Mumbles Pier has been partly restored and this seagull was giving me funny looks:

Nikon D800E Nikkor 70 - 200 f/4

So-what-are-you-looking-at- by singingsnapper, on Flickr

The following are all from Rhossili

Worm's Head just after the sun has set:

Nikon D800E Nikkor 24 - 70 Lee 0.9 soft grad+ 0.6 soft grad

Worm's-head-just-after-the-sun-has-disappeared by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Coastguard hut and the full moon coloured by sunset

Nikon D800 nikkor 70 - 200 f/4

the-setting-sun-colours-the-rising-moon-at-Rhossili by singingsnapper, on Flickr

A shot a little later

Nikon D800E nikkor 24 - 70

Rhossili-Coastguard by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Sheep move around in the moonlight:

Gower-sheep-unter-moonlight by singingsnapper, on Flickr

That's an unusual angle on the second shot. Nothing I've seen before. I like it a lot.

Really like both Coast Guard building photos. What setting on darker one did you use ? Crisp moon with nice colors.
Nancy

Really like both Coast Guard building photos. What setting on darker one did you use ? Crisp moon with nice colors.
Nancy

1/60 f/8 ISO 400 I had to vastly underexpose the rest of the scene to keep detail in the moon. The advantage of the D800/E is that I was able to push the exposure 4 stops (using inverse selection in CS6 to exclude the moon from the action) without having to use aggressive noise reduction. I did use Dfine on everything apart from the moon, but the shot hasn't suffered in IQ from this.

I really like the last one. The sheep one. Do you have anymore like that?

I really like the last one. The sheep one. Do you have anymore like that?

Unfortunately not many. I only just got a few as I was already late heading home with an early start to get to London for my flight to Seoul the next day. Will have a look at the other couple...

I like the 1st photo, but I think that the bird kind of blends into the background.
The 2nd shot is very nice. I like the depth and how the background brings your eye to the back of the picture.
I prefer the 4th shot over the 3rd because it is darker and the lighting looks more natural.
I like the 5th photo because your eye is drawn to the sun.

I like the 1st photo, but I think that the bird kind of blends into the background.
The 2nd shot is very nice. I like the depth and how the background brings your eye to the back of the picture.
I prefer the 4th shot over the 3rd because it is darker and the lighting looks more natural.
I like the 5th photo because your eye is drawn to the sun.

That's actually the moon!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back