What's new

Goya is Sexy

jenko

TPF Supporters
Joined
Mar 4, 2013
Messages
1,106
Reaction score
652
Location
NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot this with my other new toy, a Lensbaby Composer Pro with 80 Optic. I have never used a Lensbaby, so I have nothing to compare the experience to, but the lens rotates up and down, from side to side, and these rotations effect DOF amongst some other things I have yet to figure out! I think it's going to be a fun lens and so far, no buyers regret.

 
sounds like something interesting to play with! As far as this image goes, it feels a little cluttered to me and that keeps any particular subject from standing out.

It is an interesting effect though that the perfume bottle is so out of focus while it's reflection is sharp.
 
Captivating almost. The middle bottle so blurred up top throws me off. Some transition in clarity from left to right is needed.
 
One of the four items needs to go and then I think it would be a much stronger shot. Have fun with your new toy!
 
Appreciate the feedback! :)

The DOF is very, very narrow when at the lowest aperture. This is an example of the more extreme side of what it does.

There are actually 5 items, although the white bottle is not as easily seen, and it is in back of the others.

I'll try playing with this setup a bit more today and use the suggestions given. Thanks very much!
 
Okay, so I tried a different setup and altered the focus a bit. I can't recall if I had the lens up or down or left or right. I should probably write it down next time I give it a go.




The shoe is a bit more in focus and I just kept one bottle.


The lens acts like a fairly normal one when centered, although the aperture was lower on this shot, and the DOF is more shallow. Settings don't show up in metadata for aperture because it is adjusted manually.




Figure I may as well do an entire series. It'll be a fun way to learn my way around the Lensbaby.

 
I like the shoe one by itself, you caught the reflection nicely. The others aren't bad either but that is my favorite.
 
I think you're onto something there. However, the individual elements don't quite tell the story. If the idea was to shoot the before, then perhaps two shoes together, a string of pearls or other jewellery, and a pair of tickets lying next to the program. If after, then the shoe lying on its side, the program, and an intimate item of apparel next to the shoe to hint at... well, you know. The lack of focus would work well with the latter, as the "after" rarely is in any kind of focus.
 
I think you're onto something there. However, the individual elements don't quite tell the story. If the idea was to shoot the before, then perhaps two shoes together, a string of pearls or other jewellery, and a pair of tickets lying next to the program. If after, then the shoe lying on its side, the program, and an intimate item of apparel next to the shoe to hint at... well, you know. The lack of focus would work well with the latter, as the "after" rarely is in any kind of focus.

Thanks for the wonderful ideas! Definitely want the "after." lol. I'll look into adding more subtle hints, appreciate the insight. Although the first shot was a bit cluttered, I sort of felt like the second version was too "clean" and tidy.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom